- THE UNITED STATES ARMY FIELD BAND
- is the Department of the Army's official touring concert band. In its over 60-year history, the Field Band has performed public concerts in all 50 states and 25 foreign countries for audiences totaling more than 103 million people.
- Professional performance level
- Proficiency in various musical styles, both classical and commercial
- Strong sight-reading skills
- Baccalaureate degree or higher preferred
- Ability to meet Army height/weight standards
- Civilian applicants must be 17-34 years of age
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
- $56,735$61,228 (Army rank of Staff Sergeant)
- Perform in the Concert Band of The United States Army Field Band
- Tour approximately 100 days per year in the U.S. and abroad
- Work with Educational Outreach Program in schools across the nation
- There are opportunities to perform in small chamber music ensembles
- Position requires a minimum 4-year enlistment--the candidate will be informed of acceptance prior to enlistment
- Other duties as required in service to the organization
- 30 days paid vacation annually
- Medical and Dental care, plus medical care for immediate family members
- Post Exchange and Commissary privileges
- Educational benefits such as the Montgomery G.I. Bill and tuition assistance
- Please submit a recent resume and preliminary CD by the date above (MUST BE RECEIVED BY THIS DATE).
The recording should contain two contrasting works from the standard flute repertoire; single movements are acceptable. Selections should be recorded with accompaniment when applicable. Additional works or excerpts may be included. Candidates will play flute and piccolo for the live audition.
- Applicants selected from screening of recordings will be invited for a personal interview and audition. Travel expenses will be paid by the United States Army. Military personnel must be eligible for permanent change of station and must submit an Intent to Release memorandum from their unit Commander..
- Due to recent enlistment policy restrictions, prior service personnel are advised to consult with their local Army recruiter concerning eligibility.
- Attn: Auditions
The U.S. Army Field Band
4214 Field Band Drive STE 5330
Fort Meade, MD 20755-7055
Phone: (301) 677-2455 or 6231
The United States Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer