The recording should be of the highest quality and should contain the following provided excerpts in the order listed:
- Etude VI from "Low Etudes for Tuba", Phil Snedecor. (Also available through Robert King Music) Quarter note = 72;
- First Suite in Eb for Military Band, Gustav Holst. Measures 1-8. Quarter note = 72;
- Melody Shop, K.L. King. Dogfight in the Trio to the end.(start on third line of the trio, the last two measures) Half note = 144;
- Toccata Marziale, R. Vaughan Williams. Beginning through the second measure of rehearsal "5" Quarter note = 95. Always choose lower octave on the divisi;
- Cadenza from Movement 3 of "Sonate", Paul Hindemith. Always choose the lower octave on the divisi.
No electronic submissions are currently being accepted; physical media only. Audio CD, playable on a normal CD player, is the preferred method.
Download excerpts here.