- THE SOLDIERS' CHORUS
- is the mixed choral ensemble of The United States Army Field Band. The Soldiers' Chorus travels with The Army Field Band’s Concert Band performing nationally and internationally as directed by the Department of the Army. Formal public concerts, school assemblies, clinics, music festivals, and radio and television appearances are all part of the annual schedule of the chorus.
- Professional performance level
- Proficiency in various musical styles, both classical and commercial, Jazz skills desirable
- Strong sight-reading skills
- Baccalaureate degree or higher preferred
- Ability to meet Army height/weight standards
- Must be 17-34 years of age
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
- $56,735$61,228 (Army rank of Staff Sergeant)
- Perform in the Soldiers' Chorus of The United States Army Field Band
- Tour approximately 100 days per year in the U.S. and abroad
- Work with Educational Outreach Program in schools across the nation
- There are opportunities to perform in small chamber music ensembles
- Position requires a minimum 4-year enlistment--the candidate will be informed of acceptance prior to enlistment
- Other duties as required in service to the organization
- 30 days paid vacation annually
- Medical and Dental care, plus medical care for immediate family members
- Post Exchange and Commissary privileges
- Educational benefits such as the Montgomery G.I. Bill and tuition assistance
- Please submit a recent resume and preliminary CD by the date above. (MUST BE RECEIVED BY THIS DATE).
The recording should include the following:
- 1. Two classical selections (aria or art song);
- 2. A selection from the Billboard Top100 (Pop/Rock, Country or R&B) from within the last 12 months;
- 3. A selection from musical theater or Jazz/Pop standard;
- 4. Vocalizations on scales or arpeggios.
- Applicants selected from the screening of recordings will be invited for a personal interview and audition. Travel expenses will be paid by the United States Army. Military personnel must be eligible for permanent change of station and must submit an Intent to Release memorandum from their unit Commander with this packet.
- Attn: Auditions
The U.S. Army Field Band
4214 Field Band Drive STE 5330
Fort Meade, MD 20755-7055
Phone: (301) 677-2455 or 6231
The United States Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer