Clinics and Performances
THE UNITED STATES ARMY FIELD BAND FROM WASHINGTON, DC
Request a member of The U.S. Army Field Band as a clinician or guest conductor. This form makes it easy for educators to request clinicians, clinic teams, master classes, and guest conductors.
Performing ensembles and soloists of The Musical Ambassadors of the Army are frequently involved with students at various levels of musical development all across the country. These activities include Component Performances, High School Clinics, College and University Clinics, Guest Artists, and Student Performers.
- Component Performances: Each of the Army Field Band’s four performing components, the Concert Band, Soldiers’ Chorus, Jazz Ambassadors, and Six-String Soldiers, regularly performs for full school assemblies, music department students, and combined school district events. These performances are widely varied to present an educational and entertaining production. Each year these programs reach over 50,000 students throughout the United States.
- High School Clinics: Teams of instrumental and vocal clinicians from all our performing groups frequently deal directly with high school and middle school music students. Working in small sections of vocalists or instrumentalists, these performers pass on their expertise to almost 2,500 student musicians annually. Clinic content, covering various aspects of performance, musical interpretation, and technical development, can be tailored to the specific needs of students and music educators.
- College and University Clinics: Specially selected performers and educators from each of our four components often appear on college and university campuses across the country. Performances usually include a wide variety of instrumental or vocal chamber music, along with individual clinics or masterclasses on vocal, wind instrument, percussion, or rhythm section techniques.
- Guest Artists: The United States Army Field Band periodically sponsors its personnel as guest artists for music conferences, high school and college band concerts, jazz festivals, and choral performances. Often these solo or small ensemble performances are combined with clinics and masterclasses to assist local music educators and students.
- Student Performers: The Concert Band frequently includes select high school and college musicians in its formal programs as it travels across the country. These students, wearing the uniform of their respective schools, perform a familiar march with the band. For many, this performance may be the highlight of their musical activities or the inspiration to continue advanced study in the arts.
- Scheduling information: For information on scheduling any of the previous educational activities, please call our tour director.